By Jeff J. Brown
Pictured above: the massive, open air statue of young Mao Zedong, in Changsha, Hunan, which I got to visit. Never forget that the overwhelming majority of the Chinese people agree with his socialist, anti-imperialist, anti-global capitalist world view.
Right here, it takes just a second…
Sixteen years on the streets, living and working with the people of China, Jeff
Downloadable SoundCloud podcast (also at the bottom of this page), Brighteon, iVoox, RuVid, as well as being syndicated on iTunes, Stitcher Radio and Reason.fm (links below),
Brighteon Video Channel: https://www.brighteon.com/channels/jeffjbrown
lMPORTANT NOTICE: techofascism is already here! I’ve been de-platformed by StumbleUpon (now Mix) and Reddit. I am being heavily censored by Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. It’s only a matter of time before they de-platform me too. Please start using Brighteon for my videos, then connect with me via other social media listed below, especially VK, Telegram, Parler and WeChat, which are not part of the West’s MSM Big Lie Propaganda Machine (BLPM).
Brighteon video does not censor and supports free speech, so please subscribe and watch here,
Download the audio at the bottom of this page,
YouTube is banning and censoring millions of people, videos and channels, including me, so please boycott it and watch on Brighteon above,
Note before starting: this is an updated and expanded version of a post I did the last couple of years.
Merry Maomas! Mao Zedong was born on December 26th, 1893, 129 years ago.
It took me many years of research and writing to overcome a lifetime of rabid, foaming at the mouth, anticommunist hysteria, to finally understand the man. I made a number of historical errors about Mao in 44 Days, the first book of The China Trilogy (http://chinarising.puntopress.com/2017/05/19/the-china-trilogy/ and https://chinarising.puntopress.com/2018/06/18/praise-for-the-china-trilogy-the-votes-are-in-it-r-o-c-k-s-what-are-you-waiting-for/ ). Thousands of hours of reading, research and writing later, I made up for it in Book #2, China Rising, and expanded on Mao in a big way in Book #3, BIG Red Book on China.
What I have come to learn and appreciate is that Mao Zedong was the most important and influential 20th century leader, as well as the most successful. Never has one person done so much good for so many people, in such a short period of time. Bar none. Not even close. This is why the West has been cranking up its Big Lie Propaganda Machine (BLPM) since the 1930s, to demonize him.
Don’t believe me? Outside of The China Trilogy, I have written quite a bit about Mao and visited his home province and birthplace,
1. Mao Era’s phenomenal successes are airbrushed out of Western media and history books,
2. He was the world’s greatest liberator of women,
3. Here is a good review of his life and times, and why the dazzling China we know today would not be possible without the Mao Era, 1949-1978,
4. Someone on Quora asked the question, How would you react if someone says, ‘I hate Mao Zedong’ in front of you? and my response is here,
5. What is the best Confucian quote to describe Mao Zedong? Jeff J. Brown answers on Quora
6. I visited his hometown, Shaoshan, Hunan and reflected on my time there,
7. Ren Zhengfei, founder of Huawei says, “My mentor is Chairman Mao Zedong”. I’m not surprised. Are you?
8. Here is a nice opinion piece from a Chinese person, reflecting on Mao,
9. No one can say the Chinese don’t have a tongue-in-cheek sense of humor about their heroes. Here is a post from local social media, with English translation,
10. Translation: the fact that Mao’s birthday is the day after Jesus Christ’s is also not lost on the Chinese. Here is an online question asking if Mao should be considered a saint. Someone concurred, while adding that he is the East’s Rising Red Sun,